Monday, October 14, 2019

What I Bought This Week #41

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! This is one of my favourite holidays. It's got a little bit of everything -- relaxation, fun, food, and gratitude. This weekend has been an interesting one for me. While there's been a lot of good, I've also felt quite a number of PMS symptoms. Last night in particular was pretty bad. I had severe cramps (only started getting these again in the past year or two), a headache, a bit of back pain, and just overall moodiness. At times like these, I try to keep anicca top of mind. Lo and behold, when I woke up this morning, I felt much better!

That brings me to my purchases this week. I placed my first order with Atomy as I wanted to try HemoHIM, a supplement that's supposed to help with overall immunity. I felt like I was fighting something off this entire week, so I was very eager to receive this supplement in the mail. My friend had given me a sample to try a couple weeks ago and it seemed to give me SO much energy. For over a week, I was wide awake despite sleeping fewer hours. In light of that experience, I decided to tread lightly and only take one packet on Wednesday when I opened the parcel. I waited to monitor the effects, but I didn't notice much this time around. HemoHIM is also supposed to reduce some PMS symptoms so I decided to take another one today. I'm continuing to experiment with this supplement so the jury's still out. The good news is that I managed not to come down with anything! Immunity: 1. Cooties: 0. In addition to the HemoHIM, I also purchased a few other things. Ever mindful of my no-buy, I only bought things I knew I'd need -- kitchen gloves, sponges, toner, colour changing balm, BB cream, and hand cream. It's been a while since I've tried new products, so I'm happy and excited about these purchases!

In more edible news, the Aroy-D green curry sauce is my new favourite. It makes the tastiest -- albeit watery -- Thai green curry. I like it that way though as it reminds me of soup. My bestie also gave me a bit of monk fruit sweetener and I'm super excited to try it. My transition away from sugar has been slow and steady. One day, one day. Also, the eat-at-home challenge is mere days away! We're heading to Japan at the end of November so I've shifted my challenge dates to Mon Oct 21 to Fri Nov 22. With all my (pizza) indulgence lately, I'm rather excited to eat home-cooked meals for 30+ days.

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP