Monday, September 2, 2019

What I Bought This Week #35

Happy September, everyone!

It's tomato harvest season and a couple of my good friends generously shared some of their garden bounty with me. The tomatoes have been delicious! Hubby and I have eaten a bunch, both fresh as part of a cheese & nibbles board, as well as cooked in various dishes (a yummy garlic shrimp pasta with garden zucchini & tomatoes and an uber delicious tomato risotto). Such good, clean, and healthy food! Of course, we've been indulging outside of the home as well, especially this long weekend.

Fun fact: I left my full-time job exactly one year ago as of this long weekend! That's cause for celebration, but we'll hold off until after TIFF. We've had a few mini-toasts here and there though. :)

In terms of groceries this week, I took advantage of an Amex Shop Small promotion to buy two varieties of La Croix: peach-pear and berry. La Croix is in its heyday right now. I've heard so much about it but never tried it until a couple days ago. It smells INCREDIBLE but tastes similar to other flavoured sparkling water. I do like the flavours we purchased, especially the peach-pear and I'm curious to try some of the other flavours. Have you tried this drink? What flavours would you recommend?

Now for some big news. Hubby and I found our new favourite flavour of ice cream! It's rare that hubby and I have the same favourite flavour as our tastes are rather different, but we agree that the Haagen-Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream is our winner. It's basically Haagen Dazs chocolate ice cream with ribbons of peanut butter. The salt in the peanut butter provides the perfect contrast to the sweet ice cream. I love that there are no actual peanuts, chocolate chips, or chocolate chunks in the ice cream itself. Mmmmm!

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP