Monday, November 12, 2018

Coconut Flour Chocolate Chunk Bars

When my sister and I were in Ottawa, we ate some yummy coconut bars from the hotel lounge, so naturally I wanted to make some when I got home. I found a recipe online, but it called for so much butter, sugar, and condensed milk that I quickly decided to look for something else. I've been wanting to try another recipe using coconut flour, and I stumbled across this one, which looked fantastic. I had all the ingredients on-hand, and the reviews were mostly positive, so I decided to go for it. I followed the recipe almost exactly (except I omitted the vanilla extract, only added 2 ounces of dark chocolate since that's all I had, used a loaf pan, and increased the baking time to 25 minutes), and the result was delicious. While my bars aren't as pretty, I can attest to them being incredibly moist, flavourful, and filling. The texture is cake-like and a bit crumbly, but the sweet treats still have a really nice mouthfeel. Hubby and I both loved the result--we ended up eating half the pan! Nom nom nom.

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP