Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Shopping My Closet

When I recorded the mod clips for my Designer Handbag Collection video yesterday, I had an AHA moment. What would happen if I used my Alexander McQueen bag with my Balenciaga Pompon strap? I was recently looking at an inexpensive guitar-style strap on eBay, but I was sure I would be over the colourful pattern before it even shipped, so I quickly closed the browser. The Balenciaga Pompon strap isn't quite as wide as a guitar strap, but it gives a similar vibe, and it's also in one of my favourite non-colours (black). As soon as I tried it with the Alexander McQueen bag, I thought to myself, "YESSSSSSSSSS!" It was exactly what I wanted. I hadn't reached for this bag or strap in months, but I wore the combination today and felt like I had a brand new bag. Playing with combinations is one way I like to shop my closet instead of buying something new. I'm excited to wear this bag again tomorrow. And likely the next day. And the next day.

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP