Thursday, September 20, 2018

Instant Pot Adventures - Turkey Stroganoff

Even though I have a lot more time now, I still find myself in need of some fast go-to recipes. Hubby mentioned a while ago that one of his colleagues brought beef stroganoff for lunch and that "it looked SO yummy." Yes, this was another one of his hints. I found an interesting recipe for the Instant Pot, and I filed it away in my memory, which basically means I forgot about it. When I finally remembered last week, I decided to try it with ground turkey to lighten it up a bit. The resulting dish is so quick, easy, and delicious that I've already made it twice.



I adapted the recipe from this one. I used ground turkey instead of ground beef, one tablespoon of butter instead of two, chicken stock instead of beef stock, smoked paprika instead of regular paprika, whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour, and green onions instead of parsley. I also omitted the mushrooms, and I added another 4 oz of noodles and 1/2 cup of broth. It's quite rich with 14% sour cream, so I may try 5% next time to see if I can lighten it up even more, without significantly impacting flavour. In any event, it's a tasty one pot meal that takes no time.

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP