Saturday, September 8, 2018

Garden Bounty

If you follow my YouTube channel, you'll likely know that my friend and I took a rejuvenating one-week getaway to Grail Springs in mid-August. After a week of eating delicious, plant-based dishes, I was determined to incorporate more vegetables and fruit into my daily meals. I had planned to go to farmers' markets to check out the selection of in-season produce; however, that plan has since been put on hold, because my lovely friends with vegetable gardens have been generously sharing their bounties with me.

One of my good friends has given me kale twice - I like sauteing it with some onion and garlic in a little bit of butter. Even my meat-obsessed hubby commented on how delicious it is. My other good friend recently gave me a nice variety of garden fresh tomatoes. I used to dislike the taste of raw tomatoes, but that's because grocery store bought tomatoes leave a lot to be desired. On the other hand, the tomatoes from my friend's garden are packed with fresh, delicious, ripe, tomato-y flavour. Hubby and I have already enjoyed a good number of them in both salads and various cooked dishes.

Here's a little sampling the recent goodies... not only beautiful to photograph, but also delicious to eat and nourishing for the body.



  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP