Sunday, August 30, 2015

What I Eat in a Day



Around 5 months ago, I started logging my food on My Fitness Pal to try to track/increase my protein intake. This had the gradual side effect of making me much more conscious about what I eat on a daily basis. I found that by increasing my protein intake, I felt fuller and didn't snack as much. I didn't have as many cravings for bread and sweets as I used to.

Eating salad for lunch did not happen overnight but rather over the course of several weeks after I started tracking my food. This is a drastic change for me as I re-watched some of my older vlogs (from Dec/14) and could not believe the amount of junk food I was eating on a daily basis.

I love watching these types of videos so I thought I would show what I eat on a typical work day (when I don't go out for any meals). I've included caloric information in case it is helpful. This is the fewest number of calories I will eat on any given day. I eat much more on the weekend (as shown in my vlogs).

Note that I eat small portions throughout the day but I always have a big dinner. I love food and I think about it all the time so eating a big meal in the morning and small portions in the evening does not really work for me because I don't do well when I restrict myself in the evening. I know this goes against typical meal advice but I am just doing what works for me.

6am to 9am
- 1 banana
- 2 big strawberries (or 3-4 smaller ones)
- 0.5 cup blueberries
- 100g activia yogurt
- 1 tbsp homemade granola
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
approx. 350 calories

9am to 11am
- 16oz black tea with 2 packets of raw sugar and 1 Coffee-Mate pod
approx. 50 calories

11am to 2pm
- 1.5 cups arugula
- 1.5 cups baby spinach
- 2 hard boiled eggs (I normally have 1)
- 1oz chicken (I normally have 2-3oz)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 0.25 cup feta cheese
- 43ml Renee's tuscan vinaigrette dressing
approx. 400 calories

2pm to 5pm
I normally have a small snack like a yogurt and hemp seeds but I ran out of time at work today so I skipped it.

5pm to 8pm
- 100g steamed pork patty with salted fish
- 1.5 cups of steamed rice
- 1 cup of kernel corn
approx. 750 calories

8pm to 11pm
- 40g peanut M&Ms
- herbal tea with 1.5 tsp honey
approx. 250 calories

For more details on what I eat when I go out to restaurants, I show a lot of my meals out in my vlogs (basically it's whatever I feel like eating, on an unrestricted basis).

NOTE: I am not a health practitioner - please consult with your physician, dietitian, etc. if you would like advice specific to your lifestyle/situation.

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP