Thursday, August 13, 2015

Project 333 for the Office

Some of you know may know that I've been wanting to try Project 333 for a long time, but I've been overwhelmed by how much I still have in my wardrobe despite having gone through many rounds of decluttering. I love variety and looking different all the time so it makes me feel a little anxious when I think about wearing the same 33 pieces for 3 months. Instead, I took a look at my lifestyle and I realized I already dress using a capsule wardrobe to a certain extent when I go to work. I have a conservative desk job so I find I am constantly repeating outfits and dressing with a similar "uniform" every day:

In the spring, summer, and fall months, you will typically find me in a:
- Pencil skirt with a top (tucked in)
- A-line skirt with a top (tucked in)
- Sheath dress
- A-line dress

In the winter, I almost always wear:
- Pants with a top (not tucked in)

Since I already have an informal capsule wardrobe for work, I decided to try Project 333 for the office in May, June, and July of this year. In this video, I talk a little bit about the project and also show my 33 pieces:



And here is how I did!



I enjoyed my first capsule wardrobe so much, I decided to do another for August, September, and October. I replaced one item (light grey cardigan) with something very similar, kept approximately half the pieces from the first round, rotated in a number pieces currently in my wardrobe, and purchased a few items to fill a few "gaps" in my office wardrobe. Here are the pieces I chose for my summer/fall office capsule:



So far, I am really enjoying my current office capsule! One day, I may decide to branch out and try Project 333 for my non-work wardrobe, but for now, I think I will continue to enjoy the variety.

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP