Friday, July 26, 2019

Donut Taste Test • Tim Hortons Innovation Cafe



Since Hubby and I both enjoy doing taste tests, we figured we'd try the entire lineup of Dream Donuts from the Tim Hortons Innovation Cafe that just opened up in Toronto. We love donuts, so this was really just an excuse to eat 12 of them. These donuts are a bit "fancier" than the regular Tim Hortons donuts, but not as amped up as the $3-5 fancy donuts that are out there now. These donuts are currently priced at $1.99 each, $9.99 for 6, or $18.99 for 12.

Our favourite Dream Donuts from the Tim Hortons Innovation Cafe were:

Maple Bacon. The combination of a yeast donut base with a simple maple dip, topped with pieces of candied bacon was fantastic.

PB&J. This yeast donut filled with raspberry jam and topped with a peanut butter glaze and peanut pieces was decadent, peanut-y, and delicious.

Hazelnut Buttercream. This was one of my husband's favourites -- he doesn't normally gravitate towards chocolate donuts but he loved the buttercream and hazelnuts on this cake donut. I was ok about it.

Brown Butter & Sea Salt. This cake donut, topped with house-made brown butter icing and sea salt flakes, was simple yet had a "Je Ne Sais Quoi" quality to it. I wish it had a bit more sea salt though.

A bit about my tastes: I'm not a huge fan of fancy donuts. I prefer donuts that are easy to eat and don't have a lot going on. I usually prefer cake donuts (unless they're the dreamy Krispy Kreme Original Glazed variety). Please let us know if you like donuts and what your favourites are... and if you've tried any of the Dream Donuts, we would love to hear your thoughts. :)

If you're interested, please feel free to follow me on my new IG account where I'll be chronicling my eat-at-home adventures.

Not sponsored.

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP