Sunday, November 25, 2018

The Joy of Missing Out

The Joy of Missing Out (JOMO) is a concept I discovered recently. I first heard about JOMO in a podcast, but I've since seen and heard the term in a variety of different contexts. I've been trying to practice JOMO more often in the past few months, and it has provided me with a happier and healthier outlook on life.



JOMO has benefited my life in so many ways--the main benefits as they relate to shopping are:

Benefit 1: Accumulate less clutter
Benefit 2: Save money
Benefit 3: Have more time to do the things you love that don't involve shopping


***

From yesterday's journalling prompt, I found I had a surprisingly long list of things I love to do that don't involve shopping! Today, I'd like to journal on the following:

What have you experienced the joy of missing out on recently? How did you feel and why did you feel JOMO?

I'll be journalling on this at some point today, so please feel free to join me. You can set aside a specific block of time to journal (it could be as little as 5 minutes), or you can add to your journal entry throughout the day each time you feel like buying something. If you don't like journalling, you can just think about the prompt instead of shopping.

***

In each video, I'll also ask:

What's the best thing that happened to you today?

My former colleague (and friend) shared this question with me as it's a daily practice she implemented in her life. I loved the concept, but I've been off and on about applying it in my daily life, so I thought we could practice together. My twist for this 5-part series is that my answer can't involve shopping.

The best thing that happened to me yesterday was having a cooking night with our friends! Not only did we have an amazing dinner and share so many laughs, our friends also have two sweet and affectionate cats, and I loved petting and cuddling them throughout the night.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP