Saturday, November 17, 2018

Currently Drinking #1

I posted a tea haul from The Tea Haus a while back, and we've started trying some of the teas. I thought this would be a good way to document our thoughts on which teas we enjoyed and would repurchase.



First up is Angel's Dream. This tea was recommended to me last year by Crystal as it's one of her favourites, and I immediately put it on my list to purchase. This tea is a blend of Sri Lankan, Assam, and Chinese green and black teas; cornflower and mallow petals; and natural maple and wild blackberry flavours. You can really smell the maple and blackberry notes (it also smells a bit like anise to me, but pleasantly so). I first drank this black with no sugar, and it was very aromatic with just a hint of sweetness. Crystal recommended that I try it with milk and honey, which brought out the flavours even more. It tasted like a decadent treat, and I would definitely repurchase this.


Hubby and I both loved the Milk Oolong from David's Tea, so I decided to pick up 200 grams of the Creamy Oolong from the Tea Haus. The website describes this tea as follows: "A premium Oolong from China and the successor of our Milk Oolong. This Oolong has a smooth, creamy flavour almost vanilla like. Remember to make multiple infusions as oolongs tend to improve in flavour and body in latter infusions." This is one of hubby's favourites--he frequently requests this if I ask him what after-dinner tea he would like. I really enjoy it too and would repurchase it.


The last tea we've tried recently is the Se Chung Oolong. The Tea Haus describes this tea as follows: "Se Chung is a speciality Chinese Oolong with a slightly earthy aroma and delicious aromatic taste." One of the reviewers described this as the best tea she's ever drank, so of course I was intrigued. I've only tried it once so far, and it is indeed very nice, but I'm not sure I would repurchase it. I'll try it a few more times before deciding.


Have you tried any delicious teas recently?

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP