Friday, November 2, 2018

A Day in the Life #1

A lot of people ask me what I do all day now that I don't work. It's hard to say because every day is so different. Today was particularly hectic, but I tend to get more done when I'm "busy," which makes me feel productive and efficient. I plan to do a few post like this throughout my gap year. Today went like this:

6:30am: woke up and got ready
7:30am: ate breakfast
8:10am: left the condo
8:30am: arrived at the Design Exchange to volunteer at the Oliver El-Khatib talk
12pm: left the Design Exchange
12:30pm: came home, played with Lulu, started doing the laundry, and responded to some emails
1:10pm: went to Chinatown to pick up some groceries
2:10pm: came home, had a snack, fed Lulu, got lettuce for Truffle, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, listened to a podcast, finished doing the laundry, did plank, updated my finances spreadsheet, had some email/social media time, and did some research/planning/organization
5:30pm: took a nap (I actually haven't been napping much during my time off, but I was exhausted today!)
6:30pm: woke up and listened to a podcast while cooking dinner
7:40pm: chatted with hubby when he got home and finished cooking
8pm: ate dinner with hubby
9pm: edited/exported a YouTube video, pet Truffle, and wrote this blog post

The rest of the evening will likely be spent as follows:
- Reply to one more email
- Complete one more French lesson on Duolingo
- Continue editing my vlog
- Read one chapter of my book
- Watch an episode of Salt Fat Acid Heat with hubby (such a good show--I highly recommend it!

The days have been passing by unbelievably quickly! I feel like I've been in a time warp for the last two months. Let's just say, I'm extra excited to be getting an extra hour this weekend. I hope you have a good one!!

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP