Monday, September 10, 2018

Puffins Bring Me Joy

When I was looking through our many photographs from Iceland yesterday, it occurred to me that I haven't blogged about our travels in a very long time. Similar to how vlogs are my favourite type of video to re-watch, travel entries are my favourite type of blog post to re-read. During my gap year, I would like to catch up by sharing some of our vacations of yesteryear, starting with Iceland.



Hubby and I had such a good time photographing the Atlantic Puffins during our trip last May! Many of these silly, clownish birds nest in the cliffs of Iceland between April and September, so we were there at the perfect time of year. I pretty much had a continuous smile on my face as I was going through our photos - these funny, little birds make me so happy! It was the perfect pick-me-up on this rainy Monday in Toronto.













Hubby's photos were particularly stunning! I wanted to post them all, but I decided to exercise a little restraint, so here are a few of my favourites.













Where to find puffins in Iceland
We first tried to find them in Dyrhólaey, but were unsuccessful. A few days later, after our trip to the beautiful East Fjords, we took a rather long detour to Borgarfjörður Eystri, and we were pleasantly surprised to find tons of puffins. We highly recommend this location! While it's a little more remote, the drive is absolutely beautiful, and there are numerous walkways and viewing platforms where you can watch the puffins go about their day. It's an incredible place.

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP