Monday, July 4, 2016

Delysées Summer Rendezvous Event

Delysées is a quaint French bakery located at 780 King Street West. My husband and I are long-time patrons, having made our first visit back in December 2013 (as featured in this vlog, then later in this vlog and in this vlog)... so you can imagine how delighted I was to be invited to the Delysées Summer Rendezvous event. The event featured the launch of a new collection of miniature éclairs, tarts, cakes, and cheesecakes. Delysées partnered with the Grange of Prince Edward winery and Sloane Fine Tea Merchants, so we were also treated to sparkling wine infused macarons, a lovely sparkling wine & hibiscus scented tea cocktail, and a refreshingly light red wine (Select Gamay Noir).

Note: all photographs in this post are courtesy of Juliette Capdevielle.





My friend and I studying the menu! In my head (or perhaps it was out loud), I was saying, "I want to try this one. And this one. And this one."


Fred Naggar is the very kind and gracious owner of Delysées. We chatted with him for a little while, and he was so humble and appreciative of his customers and employees. He mentioned the use of magnifying glasses in the kitchen for the delicate work involved in crafting the miniature pastries and we were in awe. I can't even fathom the hard work that went into creating all the treats for this event.


Of course, we sampled a multitude of miniature pastries. Dessert in place of dinner, what could be better? I am happy to report that the miniature pastries taste as good as they look. My favourites were the "Grange of Prince Edward" Special Edition Macaron (infused with sparkling wine!), Sweet Caramel Mini Choux, "Intense" Madagascar Vanilla Mini Choux, Blackberry Cheesecake, and Milk Chocolate Praline Mini Eclair. I wish I had the appetite to sample them all!


Macarons as far as the eye can see... this is what heaven must look like.


The mini choux were both cute and delicious. The gold leaf was such an elegant touch!


Normally I am not a big fan of cheesecake but I tried the mini blackberry cheesecake anyway (twist my rubber arm)... and it was light, fresh, and delicious.


A beautiful selection of mini tarts.


Looking back, I wish I had sampled the "Sloane" Raspberry Cream Mini Eclair. I suppose that means I will have to visit Delysées again very soon as I would also like to purchase some more macarons, as well as some mini sandwiches and gelato macarons!


My friend and I had an amazing time and we felt very spoiled by all the goodies. Thank you to Delysées for an incredible event and to Juliette Capdevielle for the beautiful photographs.

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP