Saturday, June 27, 2015

Afternoon Tea at the Shangri-La Hotel



Dear blog, can you tell I've missed you? I felt a strange sensation today. I actually had the urge to blog... and by blog, I mean to put up a proper blog post, not just an embedded YouTube video. Since I was meeting my bestie to celebrate our mid-year holiday, I decided to bring my tiny DSLR and nifty fifty lens so I could document our annual tradition with photos instead of video. It felt good, and while I've learned not to make any promises, I may try to start posting more frequently again. There's something nostalgic about still images and the written word... even though we're talking about blogging here and I've really only been away for 6 months or so! Ok, let's get our heads out of the clouds. Here is our afternoon tea adventure at the Shangri-La Hotel in Toronto.










Needless to say, we had an amazing afternoon despite the pouring rain in Toronto today! We got a great table in the Lobby Lounge right in front of the fireplace, the service was excellent, we both enjoyed our tea selection, and the food was incredibly tasty. I normally am not crazy about the cakes and such at afternoon tea (the savoury bites and scones are my favourite) but the sweets at the Shangri-La were excellent. Highly recommend!

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP