Friday, December 5, 2014

October 2014 Empties

It's been nearly two weeks since we've returned from Japan and I am still jet lagged! My sleeping habits are about the same (still a night owl although perhaps I get a little less sleep overall), but I feel so incredibly tired during the day. The only time I feel like myself is during the early morning hours. I'm wide awake and also extremely productive. Today, I'm going to catch up with my empties posts by sharing the products I used up waaay back in October. I finished a lot of deluxe samples!



* = Disliked the product - would not repurchase
** = Liked the product - might or might not repurchase
*** = Loved the product - would repurchase

Note: Similar to last month, I'll provide my thoughts on full size products or deluxe samples (versus 1-3 time use samples, which I'll just list).

1. Pantene Medium-Thick Hair Solutions Breakage to Strength Shampoo
Source: Free sample
Cruelty Free: No


2. Pantene Smooth & Sleek Taming Shampoo x 2
Source: Free sample
Cruelty Free: No


3. Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Total Care Shampoo
Source: Free sample
Cruelty Free: No


4. Clear Men Scalp Therapy 2-in-1 Complete Care Anti-Dandruff Shampoo x 2
Source: Free sample
Cruelty Free: No


5. Neutrogena Clean Shampoo
Source: Free sample
Cruelty Free: No


6. Molton Brown Enlivening Toko-Yuzu Bath & Shower
Source: Hotel sample
Cruelty Free: Yes


7. MGM Grand Jasmine Body Wash
Source: Hotel sample
Cruelty Free: Unknown




8. Damana Gentle Soap with Nourishing Extracts of Olive Oil
Source: Hotel sample
Cruelty Free: Unknown


9. Personal Paradise Noni Papaya Pineapple Bath Soap
Source: Hotel sample
Cruelty Free: Unknown


10. Portico Spa White Ginger Restoring Facial Bar
Source: Hotel sample
Cruelty Free: Unknown


11. Molton Brown Ultra Pure Milk Soap
Source: Hotel sample
Cruelty Free: Yes


12. Ocean Breeze Facial Bar
Source: Hotel sample
Cruelty Free: Unknown




13. Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days Ultra-Softening Lotion
Source: Purchased by hubs
Thoughts: I was surprised by this lotion - it was very fast absorbing and felt nice on the skin. I didn't detect much of a scent, which I don't mind at all. While I wouldn't quite call this product "intensive," I really enjoyed using it.
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: No


14. Murad Clarifying Cleanser
Source: Sephora sample
Thoughts: Unfortunately, despite the good reviews, this product did not work for me. I found it too harsh and the menthol in it stung my skin.
Rating: *
Cruelty Free: Yes


15. Nuxe Youth & Radiance Revealing Fluid
Source: Sephora sample
Thoughts: I loved this cream! It is thick, creamy, and soft... and it did a great job moisturizing my skin in the evening. My skin would always be baby soft in the morning!
Rating: ***
Cruelty Free: No (products sold in China)


16. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Source: Kiehl's sample
Thoughts: This is a great light night cream. I don't find it moisturizing enough for the winter, but I definitely enjoy using this in other seasons! :)
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: No


17. Dream Organics Rose Water
Source: February 2013 SeasonsBox
Thoughts: I love this stuff so much, I was actually trying to save it! I like to spritz this on my face right before bed for a little extra moisture and some aromatherapy.
Rating: ***
Cruelty Free: Yes


18. Boxx Cream Corrector in Amber
Source: May 2012 Glossybox
Thoughts: This corrector is thick and creamy. I found it a little too creamy, especially in the summer.
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: Unknown


19. Dior Pore Minimizer
Source: January 2014 Dior Secret Diva
Thoughts: I wasn't crazy about this primer at first but it really grew on me. It goes on really smooth and silky. I don't think it really does much to minimize my pores, but I enjoyed trying it.
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: No


20. Benefit Bad Gal Lash in Black
Source: Sephora sample
Thoughts: I thought this mascara was alright - I liked the brush but nothing else about it really stood out.
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: No


21. The Body Shop Born Lippy Lychee Shimmer Lip Balm
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: I really really liked this lip balm... so much so that I considered giving it 3 stars. I held back because of the shimmer... while it didn't dry out my lips at all, I'm still not a huge fan of lip balms with shimmer. This product has a nice texture/consistency, an amazing lychee scent, and no flavour (yay!).
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: Yes




22. The Body Shop Green Tea & Lemon Body, Room & Linen Spritz
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: I am really loving products from The Body Shop lately! This spray smells amazing and 100 mL of product lasted a surprisingly long time (although the scent does fade quickly so I have to spray it often).
Rating: ***
Cruelty Free: Yes


23. Clean Well Natural Hand Sanitizing Wipes in Original
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: This has a bit of an herbal scent but I still really like it as a cruelty free alternative to my other favourite wipes (Wet Ones).
Rating: ***
Cruelty Free: Yes


24. The Green Beaver Company Frosty Mint Natural Toothpaste
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: My first foray into cruelty free toothpaste. Unfortunately, this has a flavour to it that turned my stomach and made me gag. I couldn't use it but my hubby was ok about it so he was able to finish the tube! That being said, this particular package came with a free lip balm, which I love!!
Rating: *
Cruelty Free: Yes


25. The Green Beaver Company Green Apple Natural Toothpaste
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: To me, this had a similar flavour as the Frosty Mint, so I couldn't stomach it. Hubs also did not like this one so we ended up tossing it.
Rating: *
Cruelty Free: Yes


26. David's Tea Lemon Myrtle
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: My favourite infusion of the moment! So deliciously lemony - it became a nightly ritual for me to have a steaming mug of lemon myrtle with a touch of honey. I can't wait to finish a few other teas/infusions so I can repurchase this one.
Rating: ***


27. Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner in Ylang Ylang
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: This stuff smells way too strong! I had to spray it and then run out of the bathroom because it stung my nose. As a result, I didn't use it consecutive days (this bottle probably lasted me well over a year), so I'm not sure how well it works.
Rating: *
Cruelty Free: Yes




Hooray!! That's it for my October empties. I'm sorry I've been gone so long... I tend to update more frequently on my YouTube channel so you can always find me there. I'm posting a video every day in December... starting with all my Japan content. Hope you're having a great start to December! :)

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP