Saturday, October 4, 2014

Finish 6 By Christmas



Finish 6 by Christmas is a spin-off from the Finish 5 by Fall tag. Since I love trying to finish products, I was really excited to start a new challenge so I could continue to track my progress. Here are the 6 products I'll be working on finishing over the next 3 months:

1. Urban Decay De-Slick (also featured in Finish 5 by Fall)
I received this translucent pressed powder in my swap with Pebbles and I really like it! It doesn't keep me shine free all day but I love the mattifying and smoothening effect when I initially apply this powder to my t-zone. I like to apply this with a flat top brush to really work the product into my skin. I have quite a significant amount of pan showing after using it for 2 months every single day... and sometimes multiple times a day. I'm hoping I'll be able to finish this product by Christmas.

2. YSL Creme de Blush (also featured in Finish 5 by Fall)
This is a beautiful cream to powder blush that I picked up in France last fall. I love the colour - it's a beautiful rosy shade - and it's very easy to blend. When I set this blush with powder, it lasts a very long time on my cheeks (over 8 hours) - I come home from work and still have a nice flush. The reason I chose this product is because I don't tend to reach for my cream blushes often and I'm worried they're going to go off on me. There is quite a big dent in this product now but I still have not hit the bottom... and I've been trying hard to use this up! I think I went out looking a little bit clownish for a while because I couldn't believe how long it was taking to make a noticeable dent in this product. I'm definitely getting my money's worth. :)

3. Bath & Body Works Body Spray in Japanese Cherry Blossom
I believe one of my sisters bought me this product and I completely forgot about it. I found it in my bathroom when I was decluttering and decided to try to finish it. The scent is really nice (pure floral) and it's rather light since it's a body spray... which means I can spray more hehe. I don't think I'll be able to finish this in 3 months - especially since I'll be going away for 2 weeks and won't be bringing this product with me - but I will certainly try!

4. Christian Dior Backstage Eye Prime
I'm not a huge fan of this eye primer but I wanted to see how much of a dent I can make by Christmas. This is a product I received in my Secret Diva box. I've been using it every day for a long while and there is still so much product remaining. The reason I don't really like this primer is because it's on the dry side and the consistency is very hard. Plus it's a little too light for my skin tone. I'm actually questioning my decision to include this product in my Finish 6 but I will just go with it. :)

5. Burberry Lip Mist in Feather Pink
I have been so close to finishing this lipstick for so long but I keep forgetting about it! Since it's officially fall, I'm starting to move away from my corals. I like wearing Feather Pink at work so I figured it would be a good time to try to use it up. I really love this lipstick and part of me wants to save it; however, I need to get into the habit of using my favourites rather than having them collect dust in my collection.

6. Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12 Hour Lipstick in Inspired
This is the only deluxe sample I've included in my Finish 6. I decided to include this because it's been in my collection for so long and it should be relatively easy to finish given the small size. The funny thing about this product is when I initially reviewed it as part of my Sephora Favourites Give Me More Lip set, I complained about it being so tiny and said I'd likely be able to finish it in 2 weeks. Of course, I only used it a few times and moved on to something else, so months later, it is still in my collection. I absolutely love this shade and I've been putting this on in the morning before I go to work.

That is basically it for my Finish 6 by Christmas! There are a few other variations floating around that my YT friends and viewers have mentioned: Finish X by Xmas and Finish 15 by 2015. Will you be doing one of these challenges?

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP