Friday, September 19, 2014

August 2014 Empties

It's that time of the month again... empties time!



* = Disliked the product - would not repurchase
** = Liked the product - might or might not repurchase
*** = Loved the product - would repurchase

Note: Similar to last month, I'll provide my thoughts on full size products or deluxe samples (versus 1-3 time use samples, which I'll just list).

1. Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Total Care Daily Conditioner
Source: Free sample
Thoughts: I liked the scent of this and it was ok in terms of conditioning my hair
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: No


2. Joico Body Luxe Conditioner
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: I've had this HUGE 1 litre bottle of conditioner for upwards of a year and I finally finished it. This conditioner is supposed to provide fullness & volume but it didn't work for me. I definitely learned my lesson and will not be buying jumbo products in the future without trying them first!
Rating: *
Cruelty Free: No


3. Les Notes de Lanvin Orange Ambre Shower Gel
Source: Sofitel NYC
Thoughts: I really liked the scent of this shower gel and I found it pretty good at cleansing my skin without leaving it feeling dry.
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: Unknown


4. Filthy Farmgirl Filthy Squirrel Soap
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: Filthy Farmgirl is one of my favourite soap brands - I love the scents, the packaging, the cheeky names, the way the soap looks... the list goes on. Most of all, I like that these soaps cleanse without drying out my skin and the soaps are relatively big so they seem to last quite a long time.
Rating: ***
Cruelty Free: Yes






5. Ella's Botanicals Beauty Bar Soap in Lemon Zing
Source: 2014 BlushPretty Beauty Board
Cruelty Free: Yes


6. Ocean Breeze Beauty Bar
Source: Hotel sample
Cruelty Free: Unknown


7. Udderly Smooth Body Cream
Source: Sample from Well.ca
Thoughts: I liked the texture of this cream but not the scent (it is unscented).
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: Yes


8. Judith Jackson Spa Tenderly Hand & Body Lotion
Source: Hotel sample
Cruelty Free: Unknown


9. Bath & Body Works Rainkissed Leaves Body Lotion
Source: Free sample
Cruelty Free: Yes


10. Etro Body Lotion
Source: Hotel Moresco (Venice)
Cruelty Free: Unknown




11. Kaia 24hr Booster Serum
Source: Kaia event at BlushPretty
Thoughts: I enjoyed trying this serum. It contains argan & Moringa oils, which the owner mentioned were dry oils. They are very fast absorbing and non-greasy on the skin. I found this serum a little too light for evening use though as I prefer something a little heavier for my nighttime skincare routine.
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: Yes


12. Complex 15 Daily Face Cream
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: One of my favourite light creams! I've finished bottles and bottles of this in the many years I've been using this product. Sadly, we will be parting ways as this product is not cruelty free.
Rating: ***
Cruelty Free: No


13. Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet
Source: Free sample
Thoughts: I really enjoyed this cream! It had a bit of a whipped texture. I was surprised how strong the scent was though... especially since this is supposed to be for sensitive skin.
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: No


14. Julep Daylight Defense SPF 30
Source: Julep Gold Glamour Mystery Clutch
Thoughts: When I finally got around to trying this product, it quickly became my favourite sunscreen... so of course I found out it was discontinued. :(
Rating: ***
Cruelty Free: Yes


15. Face Q Ocean & Aloe Mask X 2
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: I really love sheet masks! I just noticed though that these did not fit my nose well. There is a little flap that hangs over my nostril and I had to keep folding it back.
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: Unknown


16. My Beauty Diary Mexico Cactus Mask
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: Love this!
Rating: ***
Cruelty Free: Unknown


17. J.R. Watkins Natural Beeswax Lip Balm
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: It took me a long time to finish this lip balm because I wasn't really a fan of it. The texture was really hard and I didn't find it very moisturizing or soothing on my lips.
Rating: *
Cruelty Free: No


18. Almay Liquid Lip Balm in Blooming Balm
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: One of my favourite lip products - it has reached holy grail status but alas I will have to finish up the other 2 in my stash and then part ways as Almay is not cruelty free. This liquid lip balm does a great job in moisturizing my lips and also has a light pink tint that warms up my face a little bit. I have never found a tinted lip product that I've enjoyed as a lip balm so this product is truly unique for me.
Rating: ***
Cruelty Free: No




19. Claire Burke Sparkling Citron Verbena Candle
Source: VitaBath event
Thoughts: I enjoyed trying this candle but the scent wasn't very strong. The burn time is supposed to be "up to 15 hours" but I think my candle only burned for around half that time (over 2 days).
Rating: **




That's it for my August empties. I feel like I haven't been doing very well with empties but my September bag is feeling rather full so hopefully I will have more next month!

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP