Sunday, August 24, 2014

July 2014 Empties

It's been a crazy month! I've been so focussed on Vlogust that I haven't had a chance to blog about my July empties until now. I haven't done an empties post since May because pretty much all of my June empties were inadvertently thrown out... and then today I had a bit of a nervous moment because I thought I formatted the memory card containing the photos of my July empties but thankfully I found them. :)



* = Disliked the product - would not repurchase
** = Liked the product - might or might not repurchase
*** = Loved the product - would repurchase

Note: Similar to last month, I'll provide my thoughts on full size products or deluxe samples (versus 1-3 time use samples, which I'll just list).

1. Kerastase Bain Satin & Lait Vital
Source: Limited Edition Topbox
Thoughts: I liked the scent of these products but found them just ok in terms of effectiveness.
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: No


2. North American Hemp Co. Volumega Volumizing Shampoo
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: I am not a fan of this shampoo. It didn't work well to cleanse my hair and gave me zero volume. Plus the scent was a bit off.
Rating: *
Cruelty Free: Yes


3. Les Notes de Lanvin Orange Ambre Shampoo & Conditioner
Source: Sofitel NYC
Thoughts: I loved the scent of these products! They did a decent job cleansing and conditioning my hair.
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: Unknown




4. Fabulous Frannie Mineral Bath Salt in De-Stress
Source: January 2014 SeasonsBox
Thoughts: I thought these salts were alright - I liked the scent (lavender) and I also liked the all natural ingredient list. The only thing I didn't like about these salts is that they didn't dissolve very well in the bath, leaving little clumps of salt.
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: Unknown


5. Eco-Dent ExtraBrite Toothpowder
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: The Eco-Dent toothpowders have reached holy grail status for me. The flavour takes some getting used to because it is minty/salty versus minty/sweet but I love how clean and fresh these toothpowders make my mouth feel. I didn't notice my teeth getting any whiter after using this product on a daily basis but I would still repurchase this.
Rating: ***
Cruelty Free: Yes


6. Glysomed Hand Cream
Source: Purchased by me or my hubby
Thoughts: This hand cream is greasy and slow to absorb but it works like a charm. I usually slather this on my feet before I go to bed, and in the morning, my feet are baby soft.
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: No


7. Wet Ones Sensitive Skin Wipes
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: Love this product! This will be the last time I show this product as an empty because it's not cruelty free and I've switched to Clean Well wipes.
Rating: ***
Cruelty Free: No


8. BeautyBlender BlenderCleanser
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: This cleanser did not work very well to clean my BeautyBlender. It did not remove the surface stains and I felt like I was using a lot of cleanser without any result. Some of my viewers mentioned that the solid cleanser works better so maybe I will try that down the road. I currently clean my BeautyBlender with my Dr. Bronner's soap and it works much better!
Rating: *
Cruelty Free: Yes


9. Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: I love this lippie! It's one of my favourite lip butters as the light pink is right up my alley and looks nice on my skin tone.
Rating: ***
Cruelty Free: No


10. GlamGlow Mud Mask
Source: Glossy Party
Thoughts: I've used this mask a few times in the past and I've loved it. I totally forgot I had this product and when I pulled it out to use in July, I found that it had dried out completely. Oops!
Rating: ***
Cruelty Free: No


11. Fresh Rose Face Mask
Source: Sephora sample
Thoughts: I liked trying this mask. I found it did a good job at moisturizing my skin.
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: No




12. Fluffs Cotton Pads
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: I love these cotton pads - they are really soft. Even better, they are only $1 from Dollarama!
Rating: ***


13. Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Hand Cream
Source: Gift from my sisters
Thoughts: I really liked the hand cream and it worked well to moisturize my hands. Only issue was the scent was very strong so I was a little self conscious using the cream at work... I think it would have been better if I had kept it for at home use. :)
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: Yes


14. My Beauty Diary Bulgarian White Rose Mask
Source: Purchased by me
Thoughts: I love sheet masks. This one isn't my favourite scent but it worked well to add back some moisture into my skin.
Rating: **
Cruelty Free: Unknown


15. Les Notes de Lanvin Orange Ambre Soap x 3
Source: Sofitel NYC
Cruelty Free: Unknown


16. Philosophy Purity Made Simple x 2
Source: Sephora samples
Thoughts: I'm not a huge fan of this cleanser. I find it to be a little drying and the scent to be slightly medicinal.
Rating: *
Cruelty Free: No


17. Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution
Source: Kiehl's sample with purchase
Cruelty Free: No


18. YSL Intensive Skin Supplement (I think - I tore off part of the name of the product)
Source: YSL sample with purchase
Cruelty Free: No


19. Kate Somerville RetAsphere 2-in-1 Retinol Night Cream
Source: Sephora sample
Cruelty Free: Yes




That's it for my July empties! :)

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP