Saturday, July 26, 2014

How to Measure and Cut the Perfect Muscle Tee

Over 2 years ago, I posted my How to Measure and Cut the Perfect Off-the-Shoulder T-shirt tutorial. I really liked coming up with a system for my tees because I was ruining so many by trying to eyeball the cuts. Ever since then, I have been meaning to do a follow up for another type of t-shirt and it's finally here!

I have been LOVING muscle tees this summer. They're so effortless and easy to wear... and I now have a thousand in my closet to choose from. :) In this video, I show how to measure and cut 2 different styles (boxy & slim fit). If neither of these styles are to your liking, just play around with the measurements to come up with one that you prefer... it's very easy to customize the measurements to fit your frame or your personal style. Perhaps you don't want to make the drop as long or maybe you want to try a different shoulder measurement. T-shirts are extremely forgiving so don't be afraid to experiment.

As always, I recommend cutting a practice t-shirt to practice your technique before cutting a t-shirt you love.



If you try out this tutorial, please let me know how it worked out for you! Also, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer. Thank you for watching and cheers to the rest of summer!

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP