Thursday, April 24, 2014

March 2014 Dior Secret Diva Unboxing

The Secret Diva subscription service provides you with 12 Secret Admirer boxes, one for each month of the year in 2014. This service is intended to be gifted to a loved one (hence, Secret Admirer), but I just bought it for myself. Products can range from skin care to cosmetics to fragrances. Dior is expensive and this subscription is no exception. The auction priced the 2014 Secret Diva subscription at $600. You are not guaranteed a value in each box, but judging from some of the 2013 unboxings from likesthelook, there are a number of months where the value of the product exceeds the monthly "price" - in any event, 100% of the proceeds go to charity so I view the price tag as a donation and I am not too concerned about the value in each box.

The Dior Secret Diva box is supposed to arrive on (or before) the eighth of every month, since 8 was Christian Dior's favourite number. Once again, this month's box arrived a few days ahead of schedule... although I was a bad blogger and didn't write the post until now. :) This box was shipped via UPS and it contained a letter informing me that I have a secret admirer, hehe. There was one full size product included in this month's box. It was packaged beautifully in a "luxe couture gift box" and tied with a ribbon. The box is really thick and heavy duty... photos don't do it justice. I am definitely going to re-use the boxes for storage or gift giving. I received a very big box this month so I was excited.



My third Dior Secret Diva box contained the Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum. This serum got great reviews on Sephora and it is very expensive so I am happy I got a chance to try it! The letter I received in the box reads as follows:

This month, Dior is pleased to offer you Dior's revolutionary detoxifying booster, One Essential. Every day, 7 billion toxins build up in your skin and without detoxification, no treatment can work optimally. One Essential boosts the effectiveness of any skincare used afterwards by up to 4x. Use it as an additional step day and night on clean skin before the rest of your treatment. In addition to increasing the benefits of your regular skincare, your skin will appear luminous and radiant.

The description and good reviews got me even more excited about this product! Unfortunately, when I looked the product up on Paula's Choice, I was a little disappointed to see that it got a poor rating. Apparently, this product just doesn't do what it claims to do... plus it includes not-so-good for your skin ingredients like alcohol and fragrance. I decided to try it anyway and used it consistently for a few weeks (in the evening only).



The serum is very light with a milky colour and it has a strong perfume scent. I need 3 pumps to cover my entire face and neck. Much to my surprise, the first couple of days of using this product, I thought I noticed an improvement in the way my skin looked and felt. However, with continued use, I have to say that it didn't really change my skin much at all... not sure what it was during the first couple of days of use. I stopped using it while I was on vacation but now that I'm back, I will continue to use the product until it's done. I will not be repurchasing it but I'm still happy I received this product in the Secret Diva box because it's not something I would ever purchase for myself... although, technically, I did purchase it for myself. Hmm...

Have you ever invested (or would you ever invest) in a high end serum?



For more information about this and the Polished Diva subscription, please click here!

Click here to see all my Polished Diva boxes
Click here to see all my Secret Diva boxes

  © 2011-2019 | ellesy the petite pear | all rights reserved

Back to TOP